For Beach Wedding Permits and pavilion rentals at the beaches listed below... and a few more... Speak to any of the fine crew at the Sarasota County Parks and Recreation Reservation Department to discuss rentals and further restrictions.
They are available at 941-861-9930 and/or 941-861-9931.
Here are some of the most popular beach wedding spots and their requirements... there are many more.
- Turtle Beach Park, 8918 Midnight Pass Road, Sarasota, FL 34242
- Venice Beach, 101 The Esplanade N, Venice, FL 34285
- Manasota Beach Park, 8570 Manasota Key Rd, Englewood, FL 34223
- Lido Beach, 400 Benjamin Franklin Dr, Sarasota, FL 34236
- Nokomis Beach Park, 901 Casey Key Rd, Nokomis, FL 34275
- North Jetty Park, 1000 Casey Key Rd, Nokomis, FL 34275
- Casperson Beach Park, 4100 Harbor Dr, Venice, FL 34285
- Brohard Beach Park, 1600 Harbor Dr S, Venice, FL 34285
- Siesta Beach Park, 948 Beach Rd, Siesta Key, FL 34242
- Blind Pass Beach, 7770 Manasota Key Rd, Englewood, FL 34223
Consider the sun when planning your wedding. Sunrise and sunset times.
Your permit can be purchased over the phone with a credit card. The highest demand for wedding activity is on Siesta Key Beach... be sure to get your permit before you plan the rest of your event. Plan on approximately... $57 per hour for small weddings. There is a two hour minimum as soon as any structural set-up is involved...i.e. chairs and canopy.
For the Venice Park system including
Maxine Barritt Park
1600 Harbor Dr S, Venice, FL, 34285
Call Anne Marie at (941)650-1615
Alcohol permits and insurance may also be additionally required...be sure to ask. Pavilion Rentals are around $150.00 for a four hour time period..$300 could effectively block out the whole day
There are many areas that do not require a permit on the Island...call to discuss
Coquina Beach now requires a permit-
Weddings being held on Coquina Beach require a permit from the Manatee County Parks and Recreation Department. Contact them at 941-742-5923. Not sure why, but permits are $214 for under 50 people...seems high to me...seemingly a deterrent, but it's a nice spot.
Beach Wedding Permits ARE required at all Public County owned locations on Anna Marie Island If building structures like large tents or having a larger wedding...it's best also to give a courtesy call to the local police. There are fees and permits required for larger tent structures...call me if that's your plan, I can help!
Anna Marie Sheriff's Office 941-708-8899
Bradenton Beach Police Department 941-778-6311
Holmes Beach Police Department 941-708-5804
* On the entire Island...be careful where you park... they don't miss the opportunity to write a parking ticket... and parking is tough. Wheels must be completely off the main road, car parked in the right direction...or they are looking to make money!
For larger groups consider renting a trolley or bus service to ferry your group from an easier parking location. I can help with that too!
For Englewood Beach- most smaller weddings…no permit is required. Call for details regarding pavilion rentals Other special Locations...
If you are standing on grass in a public space in Sarasota... most likely you'll need to inform someone and/or pay a fee….usually around $250 to start.
If you're standing on grass in one of the City Parks of Sarasota, you'll need to call;
Toni Welicki at 941-954-4165 - (choose option #6) She's the go to person for Weddings in the Center of St. Armands Circle, The Dolphin Park in Front of Marina Jack's, Lido Beach Park, and Ken Thompson Park (near the Mote Aquarium), her most prominently used wedding spots.